29 October 2011

Another Sunny Day (almost!)

To-day has been another sunny day... apart from about half an hour ago when it suddenly started to pour down & all my washing got soaked! But not to worry.. at least the tumble dryer works!

Anyway, it was bright enough for me to take photos of the latest two finished quilts for Kind Stitches.














Thank you again to those of you who have sent me blocks for these lovely quilts for Kind Stitches. Thank you also to Terri who sent me this wonderful package to-day... I can't wait to put these gorgeous blocks together!
In case you aren't too sure what Kind Stitches is - in 3 weeks time my husband & I will be going out to Thailand to provide some medical care in some shelters & orphanages who rescue children from sex trafficking. I will be taking out with me non-wadded quilts for the shelters which many of you have helped to make. If you would like to be part of Kind Stitches, you can make any type of blocks either 6.5" or 12.5"... they just need to have a white border... If you click here you will see some of the lovely blocks which have been sent in so far.
If you have sent me some blocks I've made a new Kind Stitches Button for you to post on your blog:
If you like, just copy & paste the code over there on the right....

I'm off now to finish the next fun Creative Christmas project which I'll post for you tomorrow.... Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Karen
PS If you live in the UK don't forget to put your clocks back tonight... we've all got an extra hour in bed, WONDERFUL!

8 comments :

  1. Great quilt tops!
    Ooh a button - love those!
    Extra hour in bed? If this morning is anything to go by, it'll mean we are up at 4.30am!!
    Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extra hour? Ooh, I'd forgotten all about that, that'll be an extra creative hour then (as I get older I appear not to be able to sleep the way I could when I was a teenager lol)

    The quilts are looking fab, and I shall be sure to add the button :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt tops look amazing K! You've been working hard! I soooooo need an extra hour in bed! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt tops, and I love the look of Terri's blocks! Love those calico cats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Kind Stitches is taking off so well! Look at those fab quilts! Well done, K!
    Thanks for the reminder RE the clocks - I would have forgotten all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tops look great - so glad you've had such a good response to K.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt tops are looking good. I will have to install that button on my blog for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to see that there are so many generous people in the world. Glad you got more donations of blocks, Karen.

    ReplyDelete