I hope you had a lovely weekend.... here on the Causeway Coast things were busy, but I guess for most of us that is the way of it. In between various drop-offs & pick-ups, laundry, cooking, dog-walking etc. I managed to get a wee bit of (much-needed) gardening done..
I also made these scrummy banana & chocolate muffins.
They are a big favourite in our house & a great way to start the week.....so here's the recipe if you fancy the look of them.....
2) Mix the following dry ingredients in a large bowl:
- 360g plain flour
- 240g golden caster sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
3) Mix the following wet ingredients in another bowl:
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 115mls vegetable oil
- 3 large bananas mashed
4) Pour the wet mixture into the dry & fold together using as little folding as possible (don't worry if it seems lumpy, it will be grand!)
5) Fold in 100g dark chocolate & 100g white chocolate chips (or all dark or all white if you prefer - avoid milk chocolate as it is too sickly with the banana)
6) Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling about 3/4 full (so they won't splurge over the sides when cooking)
7) Bake for 20-25mins until golden. Remove from the tin & cool on a wire rack for as long as you can resist (approx 10 seconds in our house)
8) Serve warm with a knob of butter & a lovely cup of tea!
Now it may be just a sugar rush, but after eating one (or two) of these I'm ready to tackle some exceptionally late sewing projects which I need to do.... So for the rest of this week I'm going to try to complete one each day & was wondering if you you have any stitchy stuff which you need to do? If so, would like to join me? This is my list:
- Make a fathers day gift for my dad...something for his camera
- Make a fathers day gift for my husband....something for his surgery
- Post off some bee blocks
- Finish a secret gift for someone in our Care Circle bee
- Make a start at the Handstitched Class project
My plan is that each day I will post the finished project so you can keep tabs on me! If you feel up to the challenge let me know & I'll check up on you too! If you still need some motivation here's something someone much wiser than me once said:
So go for it!
I'll see you tomorrow with a progress report (hopefully)... in the meantime I'm off to eat another muffin!
Hope you have a great day & accomplish much