Hope you had a great weekend! Although Saturdays in the Hamilton household are completely crazy, our Sundays always follow the same format....
Rowing run with Angus (he's the first one facing you)
A visit from granny & grandpa (& seriously competitive game of Chinese Checkers!!)
Persuading Hannah to do some revision (or is she on facebook????)
Selecting a nice bottle of wine
And chilling out.....
If you like the look of the desert, its called Eton Mess... its super quick & easy to make & super delicious....
250 mls whipping cream
50g meringue nests/ meringues
- Whip the cream to a soft peak stage (not too much as it thickens when you get to step 2)
- Crumble the meringue into approx 1/2" chunks (not too fine or it will disappear) & fold into the cream
- Hull the strawberries, set aside some for decoration & mash the rest slightly with a fork & fold into the cream mixture
- Spoon into individual glasses / glass bowl & decorate with remaining strawberries
- Serve relatively soon as the meringue will start to disintegrate
That's it! You can substitute the strawberries for whatever soft fruit you fancy....my favourite is raspberries & a wee sprinkling of grated dark chocolate.....mmmm
Hope you all have a great week!