17 August 2011

Parcels & Pouches

I've been very busy this past week completing a few projects (& I still have some left to finish!)
The first is already on its way to my Doll Quilt Swap partner, but I don't think she will check out this blog post, so here it is:
I really enjoyed making this &, thanks to Susan (http://canadianabroad-susan.blogspot.com/) for her helpful advice on the hand quilting! This was parceled up & posted off to its new owner on Monday, fingers crossed she likes it....
Another project I managed to finish is this:
Rebecca is a very special little girl who has Down's Syndrome who seems to just sparkle wherever she goes! She will be starting school in a couple of weeks time & I wanted to make something really special for her... I can't wait to see her face when she opens the wrapping paper! On a technical note, I didn't use a pattern, but to try to make it as robust as possible, I finished it with french seams:
For more details on French Seams check out Sew, Mama, Sew's blog with a guest interview with Nancy Zieman: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2011/08/how-to-sew-a-french-seam-expert-tips-from-nancy-zieman/
Off now to finish another couple of projects... hope you all are having a lovely, creative day

2 comments :

  1. Lovely doll quilt. Thanks, I am not sure how I helped you but if you enjoyed the hand quilting then yippee! It looks wonderful. And you are ace at making zippered pouches. Wish I could see Rebecca's face too. I am sure she will be more than delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment Susan
    Hope you are having a nice last few days of Summer Holidays...

    ReplyDelete