- When the boys come home filthy (& deliriously happy) from a week away at SU camp my first thought is to make them something to eat....
|Chocolate Marshmallow Delight|
- Jumping into the car & driving from one end of Ireland to the other (that's over 5 hours driving) to watch son number one in the Irish Rowing Championships
- An endless battle (which I never win) with the laundry pile...
in the rain (of course!)
- More cooking...
- Squeezing in a little bit of sewing when everyone has gone out
|Barbecue Pineapple Chicken with Wild Rice & Leeks|
|Liberty Purse for my In The Frame Swap partner|
- More baking....
|Making Millionaires Shortbread|
- And, if I have any free time left.... trying to catch up on all the wonderful stitchy stuff in blogland!
I hope you have had a great, fun-filled week. I'm so sorry I haven't been around, but I'm off now to see what you all have been getting up to...
In the meantime, if you fancy the look of the Millionaires Shortbread, here's the recipe:
Preheat the oven to 160' C / 325' F
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 150g Butter
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 1 tin (397g) Condensed Milk
- 150g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 15ml Golden Syrup
- 2 drops Vanilla Essence
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- Shortbread: Mix flour & sugar & rub in butter. Tip into a 30cm X 20cm swiss roll tin & press down evenly. Bake for 20-25 mins in preheated oven. Leave to cool in tin.
- Caramel: Melt butter, sugar & syrup in a saucepan. Add condensed milk & vanilla essence & simmer for 6 mins, stirring continuously. Pour over shortbread base & leave to cool.
- Topping: Melt chocolate and pour over caramel. Leave to set (if you can resist!) & cut into squares